Renting Questions Answered
Do I need to be over 18 to rent from R.T. Edwards?
Yes, to apply for a new rental agreement with R.T. Edwards you must be over 18 years of age.
- How can I pay my rental account?
How do I apply for Direct Debit?
To apply for Direct Debit makes your rental repayments easy.
Simply download your Request Form >Here<. Then fill out your details, remember to sign the bottom, and mail it to: R.T. Edwards Customer Assistance, PO Box 87, Prospect SA, 5082 for us to review and process.
How long is the rental contract for?
Rental Contracts are available over a flexible range of rental terms with most products available on 12, 24, 36, 42, 48 and 60 month rental contracts, depending on the product type you rent.
I am a student from overseas. Can I apply for a rental contract?
Yes, however you must have an Australian Residency Passport or VISA enabling you to stay in Australia for the length of the agreement to be eligible to apply for rental.
I own my own business, are the rental payments tax deductible?
Yes, they may be tax deductible. To be sure you are entitled to any deduction; we recommend you consult a qualified accountant or tax adviser first.
Is it a rent to buy contract?
NO, it is a rental agreement. You may make an offer to purchase the rented equipment at any time during your agreement and that offer can be accepted or rejected at R.T. Edwards discretion.
What happens at the end of the rental contract?
At the end of your agreement, provided your account is up to date you will have several options listed below:
- Hand back the goods with no further obligation
- Continue to rent the goods
- Upgrade the goods to a newer model (subject to approval)
- Make an offer to purchase the goods (acceptance is at the discretion of RT Edwards)
What information will I need if I decide to rent from you?
You will need to bring the following with you:
- A valid driver's license with your current address or 2 forms of other ID (1 from the following: passport, pension card, proof of age card, debit/credit card. 2nd form; bank statement, centrelink statement, electricity, phone, gas or water bill).
- Proof of income. We need your last 3 payslips, or couple of months bank statement and/or centrelink/pension statement.
We will also need the following verbal information from you.
- Your address (past and present). We need a minimum of 2 years of address history.
- Employment history. We need at least 2 years of employment history unless on benefits.
- 3 x friends or relatives details (as a reference). We'll need their name, phone number and address.
What is Debt Waiver?
Debt Waiver is an optional add-on feature (at an additional cost) of your rental account which provides you peace of mind and protection if the goods you are renting are stolen from your home with visible signs of forced entry or destroyed by fire. If the terms of the Debt Waiver claim are met and the claim is approved, the debt and the value of the goods is forgiven and no further payments are required. Please see in-store for full terms & conditions.
What is the Minimum Term Before Upgrade?
The Minimum Term Before Upgrade is the minimum amount of time you must rent a specific product before you can upgrade it without incurring penalties. The Minimum Term Before Upgrade for each item you rent can be viewed on your Rental Agreement. This can be discussed further with an online or in store sales consultant.
What type of product can be rented?
Just about anything found in a RT Edwards store including LED TVs, notebooks,desktops, tablets, mobile phones, home theatre systems, hi-fi's, cameras, washing machines, dryers, fridges, freezers, air conditioners, cooking appliances, lounge suites, bedding, plus a lot more electrical and furniture items. If you can't find it online or in one of our stores, then please speak to one of our online or in store sales staff and we'll see what we can do about sourcing the product for you.
Why should I rent?
Renting allows you to have the products you want today without taking a major chunk out of your hard earned cash. Keep your cash with no deposit and no application fee. You can upgrade to the latest, or newest, or bigger, or different product after the minimum rental term. We will deliver your product free of charge and should your product break down or need servicing, we will fix it for free.
There are plenty of reasons why renting benefits YOU and really does make sense. Visit our Benefits of Rental page for more details.
- How do I apply for rental?